All Pupils should experience a rich numeracy learning environment and ensuring that all of our young people are numerate is a very important curricular responsibility of this school. All of our subjects have exposure to numeracy and are expected to develop this throughout their courses as part of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Our pupils ought to leave our school with a level of numeracy which allows them to cope with the demands of life beyond school.
- We try to ensure that there is a consistent approach to the development of numeracy for all pupils.
A numerate person should be able to:
- Use money with confidence.
- Use multiplication tables.
- Handle time with confidence
- Use different types of measurement
- Understand ratio, proportion, fractions and percentages
- Interpret graphs, maps and tables
In order to provide you with further information, particularly with regard to consistency methods, please refer to our numeracy booklet which is on this website.