There are four teachers in the Business Education and ICT Awareness department. These are:
- Mr D Park (Faculty Head)
- Mrs C MacPhee
- Mrs L Kerr
- Mrs C Flanagan
- Mrs J Martin
- Miss L Wright
Mission Statement and Aims of the Business Education & ICT Department
To provide a motivating and stimulating environment in which to educate pupils to a high standard and to enable them to reach their full potential in the areas of:
- Business Management
- Admin & IT
- S1-S2 ICT
This will offer pupils practical real life relevance within a Business environment.
Aims for Business Education and ICT
- To enable pupils to have real life experiences as to how Business organisations work, develop and plan for the future.
- Encourage pupils to evaluate alternative approaches and practices business can consider.
- Develop business, financial, administrative and ICT analyse in pupils through problem solving activities, which involve a range of contexts, up to date business examples, materials and methodology and lead to high quality practical portfolio results and investigations.
- To encourage pupils to achieve high standards of quality through feedback of all their work.
- Give pupils the opportunity to develop practical skills and the confidence in information technology, delivering presentations, business enterprise.
- Give pupils the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding and deliver their evidence in a variety of outcome methods.
- Encourage pupils' planning, organisational, critical and analytical abilities, enabling them to make relevant evaluations.
- Provide pupils with opportunities to work effectively both as individuals and as part of a team developing their self-confidence, prioritisation and team building skills.
- Enable pupils to make sensible, appropriate and challenging choices as informed consumers.
- To help pupils understand that business organisations have moral, cultural as well social dimensions.