Page 1 of 6
Aims of the English Department
The aims of the department reflect the requirements of the discipline at all levels, and conform to school, divisional and national directives.
- To encourage and foster positive learning which challenges all individuals, taking account of their personal needs and preferences.
- To provide appropriate courses which are stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
- To foster an awareness and understanding of the world in which we exist, in both human and physical terms.
- To elicit and encourage an appreciation of other peoples and cultures.
- To prepare students for life outwith school and to equip them with the skills which they will require.
- To encourage good citizenship and responsibility.
- To encourage the development of rational thought and analytical skills.
- To implement whole-school policy via the curriculum, liaison with SMT and Pupil Support, and by exhibiting good practice.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment conducive to learning and teaching for students and staff.
- To promote the physical, ethical and emotional development of all students and staff.
- To promote the positive ethos espoused by the school, and to foster respect for others.
- To promote positive links with associated primary schools, Learning Support and the Guardians of our students.
- To assist in maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the department and the school at every opportunity.
- Mrs K. Lawrie - Principal Teacher
- Mrs J. Anderson - Teacher of English
- Mrs J. Kazeminia - Teacher of English
- Miss A. O'Neill - Teacher of English
- Mrs P. McCrory - Teacher of English
- Mr S. Purvis - Teacher of English
- Mr R. Townsley - Teacher of English/Media Studies
- Miss S. Hughes - Probationer Teacher
- Next >>