On Tuesday the 5th of February a highly enjoyable evening was had by all who visited the school’s first Art and Design exhibition.
The highly skilled work of some pupils studying the Broad General Education to Advanced Higher was enjoyed and viewed with admiration by the many pupils, parents, carers, staff, family and friends. The success of the pupils was clearly exemplified and celebrated throughout the entire event.
The inspiration for the event was driven by the numerous positive comments made over the years by parents/carers and staff as they visited the Art and Design department and were given a glimpse into the amazing works of our pupils on display. The Art and Design department very much value the skills, talents and achievements of their young Artists, Designers and Photographers and wanted to share this with others and recognise their success.
Visitors and pupils were in awe at the display of works with some comments made such as:
- “Amazing! Please do it again! To see the progression from first thought to final product was really valuable. The level of work and breadth of creativity is truly spectacular. Well done students and teachers”
- “Such a lovely exhibition, its lovely to see what they have being creating. The students and artists are very talented and the amount of care and detail is just outstanding.”
- “The work on display from S1-S6 is intricate and beautiful and so inspiring for all pupils.”
- “This was very helpful to see what is ahead as I am going into S4. Very impressed with the work. What a great experience.”
- “Great work, blown away by the standard and quality. Well done to all! Fabulous presentation too!”
The Art and Design department would like to thank the pupils, parents, carers, staff, family and friends who attended and supported our first Exhibition of works.
Well done everyone!
To view the Art and Design Exhibition Photo Gallery, click Here