Good luck to all pupils preparing for SQA examinations. All candidates should be aware of their own examination timetable, please contact Mrs Chalmers, DHT, if any clarification is needed.
- Spring Concert
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Spring Concert, which was an excellent evening.
- S3 Exams
The S3 Exams are now underway and will continue into May. Class teachers have informed pupils of which exams they are to sit and when these exams will take place. The results of these examinations will be used along with classroom assessment as evidence for National Qualification levels in S4. Parents will be notified of proposed levels in the S3 Reports in June.
- Exam Leave Dates
Exam leave for S4/5/6 pupils commences on Monday 30 April and all pupils will return to school on Monday 4 June. S4 pupils should return at 8.55 am and S5 should return at 9.45 am (not before this time). Both year groups should report to the Hall on arrival and will have an assembly during which they will be given details of their new timetables. Work on the new courses will begin immediately.
- Choral Shield
All cast members involved in the Choral Shield must pay their £5.00 fee to their respective House Captains. It is important that ALL cast members are available throughout the month of June to take part in ALL rehearsals. Any enquiries regarding the Choral Shield should be directed to Mrs Martin.
Information about ticket sales for the performances on Wednesday 20 June and Thursday 21 June at the Civic Centre Concert Hall (Motherwell) will follow in the next Newsletter.
- P7 Games Evening
The Annual P7 Games Evening will take place on Monday 21 May from 6.30 pm - 8.45 pm.
- S1 Reports
S1 Reports will be issued to parents/guardians during the week beginning 21 May.
- Sponsored Walk
The annual Sponsored Walk round Strathclyde Park will take place on Thursday 24 May. S1-S3 pupils will participate in this event. Please ensure pupils are dressed appropriately and check the weather to be well prepared. Your support is greatly appreciated for this school event.
- SNSA Assessment
All pupils in S3 will undertake Scottish National Standardised Assessments in May. The focus of these tests is reading, writing and numeracy and will help inform judgements on whether individual pupils have achieved Curriculum for Excellence levels relevant to their stage.
- Parents' Networking Evening
A Networking Evening will be held on Wednesday 9 May at 6.00 pm for parents of deaf pupils in the school. The evening consists of former pupils speaking about their experiences at Dalziel. Our deaf partnership groups will also present on events and information for both parents and pupils. It has been very successful in the past and promises to be a great evening.
- Ben Nevis Challenge Senior pupils will be taking part in the St Andrew’s Hospice Ben Nevis Challenge on Saturday 2 June. The annual event will see pupils set off at 5.30 am to make the trip to Fort William before beginning their accent to the summit. Pupils are looking for sponsorship in order to raise as much money as possible for the Hospice.
If you have a child taking part in the event please help them to raise some money for a great cause. If not, and you still want to support the staff and pupils on this huge challenge, you can donate on the school’s JustGiving page. Please go to www.justgiving.com/DalzielHighBenNevis.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Monday 23 April - Friday 4 May - S3 Exams Begin
- Monday 30 April - SQA Exams Begin
- Monday 7 May - Holiday
- Tuesday 8 May - Inset Day - School closed to all pupils who are not sitting SQA examinations
- Monday 21 May - P7 Games Evening
- Monday 21 May - S1 Tracking Report 3 issued
- Thursday 24 May - Sponsored Walk
- Friday 25 May - Monday 28 May - Holiday
- Tuesday 29 May - P7 Intake Evening
- Wednesday 30 May - S3 Tracking Report 3 Issued