Best wishes to all our pupils, staff and parents for 2020. My thanks to everyone who supported our Christmas celebrations, the Christmas Dances and Church Service.
Mr Anderson has now taken up post as new Principal Teacher of Science.
- Parents' Association Christmas Raffle
Thank you for your support with the Christmas Raffle which raised £1062. The money will be spent to benefit our pupils. Prizewinners’ names are listed on our website.
Many thanks to all the local businesses who donated prizes.
- SQA Examination Prelims
The S5/6 Prelims are currently taking place and will finish on Friday 17 January.
This year the exams are taking place in class time and pupils are not on study leave. So far, the exams are progressing well.
- Burns Supper
The Burns Supper takes place on Monday 27 January. All S5/6 pupils and staff are warmly welcomed to an excellent evening of Burns’ poetry and musical recitals celebrating the life and work of the great Bard. The evening kicks off at 6.30 pm in the Social Area and tickets are priced at £8.00, which includes dinner.
- Mobile Phones
A reminder that mobile phones are banned in school. If pupils are in possession of a mobile phone and seen by a member of staff, the mobile phone will be confiscated and a punishment exercise will be issued. Thank you for your continued support.
- Mock Interviews
Our annual timetable of Mock Interviews will take place from Tuesday 28 January to Thursday 30 January for S4 pupils. Many thanks to the volunteers from the local community and beyond who participate in this in order to help pupils build skills for use in the wider education and employment community.
- S1 Parents' Evening
The S1 Parents’ Evening will take place on Thursday 16 January from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm. Information on the online booking system has been issued to pupils.
- Personalisation and Choice
The Personalisation and Choice (Option) booklets for S3 subject choices will be issued to S2 pupils on Tuesday 28 January.
In order to support the Option process there will be a Careers Event held in the school on Thursday 6 February. There is also a presentation by Mrs Conboy, DHT S3/4, starting at 4.00 pm at the S2 Parents’ Evening on Tuesday 18 February.
S2 pupils will also be interviewed by their Pupil Support Tutor to support them through this process.
Please note that S2 Parents’ Evening appointments will be made through the new online booking system. More information will be issued to pupils within the next few weeks.
- Careers Convention
The annual Dalziel Careers Convention will take place in the school Assembly Hall on Thursday 6 February from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm. This event is open to all S1-S6 pupils and parents and it is an excellent opportunity to meet with staff from various universities, colleges and prestigious employers such as Morgan Stanley, WorleyParsons and Police Scotland.
This year there will be seminars available for pupils and parents to attend. These will be on Graduate Apprenticeships and Career Pathways, as well as other topics, and will be delivered by our business partners, Morgan Stanley.
This is an ideal opportunity for your child to gain an insight into various career progression pathways for their future and I look forward to welcoming you and your child to this wonderful event.
- Spring Concert
The Spring Concert date has been changed to Tuesday 31 March and will take place in the Gymnasium. Tickets will go on sale at the end of February.
- Dates For Your Diary
- Thursday 16 January - S1 Parents’ Evening
- Friday 17 January - S5/6 Prelims end
- Thursday 23 January - S4 Tracking Report 2 issued
- Monday 27 January - Burns Supper
- Tuesday 28 January - S2 Tracking Report 2 issued
- Tuesday 28 January - S2 Personalisation and Choice Booklet issued
- Tuesday 28 January - S4 Mock Interviews
- Wednesday 29 January - S4 Mock Interviews
- Thursday 30 January - S4 Mock Interviews
- Thursday 6 February - S1-6 Careers Event
- Monday 10 February - Holiday
- Tuesday 11 February - Holiday
- Wednesday 12 February - In-service Day
- Thursday 13 February - In-service Day
- Friday 14 February - S5/6 Tracking Report 3 Issued
- Friday 14 February - S5/6 Options Issued
- Tuesday 18 February - S2 Parents’ Evening
- Wednesday 19 February - S3 Tracking Report 2 Issued
- Friday 21 February - S2 Personalisation and Choice Form to be returned