- Health & Safety
Can we ask parents to remind pupils to bring a face mask to school each day. A number of pupils are regularly being given masks each day by the school.
Can I remind parents how important it is that pupils are kept home and a test is booked if they are showing any symptoms.
- S1/S2 School Photographs
S1 School photographs will be taken on Thursday 8 October and S2 photographs will be taken on Friday 9 October. Pupils will receive an individual letter with a tear-off slip and I would ask that you complete this and ensure your son/daughter hands this to the photographer, along with £8.00 should you wish to purchase the photographs, on their allocated day.
- Remembrance Service
We will be unable to hold our traditional Remembrance Service on Sunday 8 November. However, we will mark Armistice Day on Wednesday 11 November in the school.
- Science Labs Refurbishment
Work is now complete on the refurbishment of Labs 1-8. My thanks to our Parent Council and PTA who campaigned for this refurbishment, which will benefit all of our pupils.
- New Tracking Reports
Our first S1 and S5/6 Tracking Reports went home on Monday 5 October. S4 Tracking Reports are due to be issued on 9 October.
- Inter-House Tennis Competition
Mr Gibson has organised an Inter-house Tennis competition, which will take place on Wednesday 21 October. Social Distancing measures will be in place.
- Retiral - Mrs Jacqui Agnew
Mrs Jacqui Agnew, DHT, retires after 26 years’ service at Dalziel High School. We wish her a long and very happy retirement.
It was unfortunate that we couldn’t hold our usual Prizegiving Ceremony in June. However, we are planning to hold a digital Prizegiving to celebrate the success of our young people. More details to follow.
- October Holiday
The October holidays start on Monday 12 October and we wish our pupils a safe and happy holiday. Pupils are due to return on Monday 19 October.
- School App
A reminder that parents/carers can access the School App by following these instructions:-
- Go to App Store
- Type in ‘School App for Parents’
- Type in ‘Dalziel High School’
Parents are also asked to follow us on Twitter @dalzielhigh
- Dates for your Diary
- Monday 5 October - S1, S5 and 6 Tracking Reports 1 issued
- Thursday 8 October - S1 School Photographs taken
- Friday 9 October - S4 Tracking Report 1 issued
- Friday 9 October - S2 School Photographs taken
- Monday 12 – Friday 16 October - October week holiday
- Friday 23 October - S3 Tracking Report 1 issued
- Friday 6 November - S2 Tracking Report 1 issued
- Monday 16 November - Inset Day 3
- Monday 23 November - S4 Prelims begin
- Friday 27 November - S5/6 Tracking Report 2 issued