- Customer Service Excellence Award
I am pleased to inform you of the school’s recent inspection for the Customer Service Excellence Award. The report has now been issued and is very positive.
I am very proud of this latest award for our school. We are delighted that we have achieved the newly created highest standard of ‘Compliance PLUS’ this is defined as ‘practices that exceed the standard and are viewed as exceptional or as an exemplar for others’
The areas of good practice identified include:
- pupil attainment has increased
- the school has high expectations
- the school is held in high esteem
- the school has ensured that a full range of pupils are catered for
- there was strong and conclusive evidence of a team working ethos
- pupils interviewed by the assessor were delighted with the service provided
It is good to see the good work being done in the school recognised in this way. A copy of the full report will be posted on the school website: www.dalzielhigh.org.uk
C Kelly has been appointed permanent PT Drama (job-sharing with L Begg). D Spence has been appointed as Acting PT Pupil Support to cover maternity leave for C Bleach.
After many years’ service to our school, Ruby Davidson, DHT, will be retiring at Easter. Ruby has made a huge contribution to the school and will be greatly missed.
- SQA Examination Prelims
The S5/6 Prelims are now underway and are running smoothly.
- Burns Supper
Our recent Burns Supper was a great success with outstanding performances from our pupils.
- Sports Hub
Dalziel High School is about to become recognised as a Sports Hub. This involves promoting greater participation in sports for our young people and encouraging even greater use of our facilities. We will have a launch event with the Scottish Minister for Sport, Shona Robison, on Tuesday 21 February.
- S4 Report Cards
The S4 Report Cards are due to be issued on Thursday 23 February. Acknowledgement sheets should be returned by Thursday 1 March.
- Personalisation and Choice Process
The Personalisation and Choice Process is about to get underway for next session. There will be extended assemblies for the following year groups over the next few weeks:
- S3 - Wednesday 15 February
- S4 - Thursday 16 February
- S5 - Friday 17 February
- S1 - Monday 27 February
Pupils will be taken through the options process by their DHT and pupils will be issued with a Choice Booklet outlining courses available and the selection process. Shona Thomas from the Careers Service is also available in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays for pupils who are unsure about future career intentions and/or UCAS entry requirements.
All course choice sheets should be returned to the office by the following dates and your assistance is greatly appreciated in meeting these deadlines:
- S3 - Friday 24 February
- S4/5 - Monday 12 March
- S1 - Friday 16 March
Any issues regarding the course choice process should be directed to the appropriate DHT.
- War Memorial Trust Dinner
The 2012 War Memorial Trust Dinner will be held at the Alona Hotel, Strathclyde Park at 7.30 pm on Friday 11 May 2012. Tickets cost £40 each and tables of 8, 10 or 12 can be booked.
This year’s speakers are John McKelvie, retired Police Superintendent and Alan Rough, former Scottish Internationalist.
For further information, please contact the school or e-mail Derek Park at email@example.com.
- Dates for Your Diary
- Thursday 9 February - In-service Day
- Friday 10 February - Holiday
- Monday 13 February - Holiday
- Tuesday 14 February - In-service Day
- Thursday 23 February - S4 Reports issued
- Thursday 23 February - S5/6 Parents’ Evening
- Thursday 1 March - Talent Show
- Monday 5 - Friday 9 March - Health Fayre
- Wednesday 14 March - S1 Parents’ Evening