Health and Wellbeing
What are the main purposes of learning in health and wellbeing?
Learning in health and wellbeing ensures that children and young people develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes which they need for mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future. Learning through health and wellbeing enables children and young people to:
- Make informed decisions in order to improve their mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- Experience challenge and enjoyment
- Experience positive aspects of healthy living and activity for themselves
- Apply their mental, emotional, social and physical skills to pursue a healthy lifestyle
- Make a successful move to the next stage of education or work
- Establish a pattern of health and wellbeing which will be sustained into adult life, and which will help to promote the health and wellbeing of the next generation of Scottish children.
It also enables some to perform at high levels in sport or prepare for careers within the health and leisure industries.
Learning through health and wellbeing promotes confidence, independent thinking and positive attitudes and dispositions. Because of this, it is the responsibility of every teacher to contribute to learning and development in this area.
Building the Curriculum 1
At Dalziel we have an excellent holistic approach towards meeting the needs of Health and Wellbeing.
Please download our Health and Wellbeing Presentation below for further information.
Health and Well-being.pdf
Popular 2.96 MB